Veterans & Military Tuition Assistance

Beaver Beauty Academy honors servicemen and women of the armed forces by participating in the various Veteran's Benefit programs and military tuition assistance programs designed for active and inactive service members and their families. It’s our privilege to assist to those who have sacrificed so much for our country through their services in the armed forces. With growing needs in the beauty industry, Beaver Beauty Academy’s world-class career training programs can help you, your spouse and dependents transition to civilian life after the military and achieve your career goals.We offer Military Education Benefits   Eligible students can apply for military benefits. Beaver Beauty Academy is a VA authorized Non Degree College (NCD) training facility and we accept military assistance programs, including the Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) and the various Veteran's Benefit programs.

Enrollment Details

Veterans and their dependents should obtain a Certificate of Eligibility from their local Veteran’s Affairs Office or their Military Unit. The Certificate of Eligibility form should be presented to the school’s administrative office.
Veterans are required by the Veterans Affairs Office to carry a minimum twenty-two (22) hours per week to receive full subsistence and must conform to the same grading system at the school as non-veteran students.
Those veterans who are eligible for benefits under the legislation must comply with and meet the standards as set forth by Beaver Beauty Academy regarding attendance, conduct, withdrawal, and suspension.
To apply for benefits, go to and click ‘Apply for Benefits.
Contact our office of financial aid and we will assist you through the process at 678.705.8058.

Benefits and Eligibility

For approved programs, the Post-9/11 Veteran's Benefit programs provides up to 36 months of education benefits, generally payable for 15 years following your release from active duty. Institutions of higher learning participating in the Yellow Ribbon Program may make additional funds available for your education program without an additional charge to your Veteran's Benefit programs entitlement. The following payments may also be available:

• Monthly housing allowance
​• Annual books and supplies stipend
• ​One-time rural benefit payment
To see the current payment rates for the Post-9/11 Veteran's Benefit programs click here.
Some Service members may also transfer unused Veteran's Benefit to their dependents.

Other Factors to Consider

Full tuition and fees are paid directly to the school for all public school in-state students.For those attending private or foreign schools, tuition and fees are capped at the national maximum rate. Learn more here. If you're attending a private or a public institution of higher learning (either private or public) as a nonresident, out-of-state student you may be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program and entitled to additional education-related costs not covered by VA. Not everyone is eligible for this assistance.

Please see the information below for your specific chapter of benefits:

Chapter 33 (Post 9/11):
Chapter 33 pays tuition and fees directly to Beaver Beauty Academy for your certified hours.  If you receive less than 100% of the benefit, you must pay your part by the payment deadline or classes will be deleted.  Any scholarship money you receive for tuition must be subtracted from the amount we bill the VA (ex: HOPE scholarship, etc.).  The VA does not cover fines (parking, library, etc.), meal plan, parking permits, study abroad fees, or replacement ID cards.

Book money is sent from the VA to the student for the certified hours.  If you receive 100% of the benefit, you are eligible for $1000.00.  This is divided by 24 semester hours, and renews each academic year.

Your  housing allowance is paid at the beginning of each month for each previous month's enrollment. The amount of the check is determined by the number of certified hours and caps at the full time rate.  Also, the VA does not pay for “break pay” between semesters.  

To receive the monthly housing allowance (BAH), you must be certified for more than half time enrollment.  Full time for undergraduate students (for Fall and Spring) is 12 hours, so you must enroll for at least 7 hours to receive BAH. Full time for graduate students (Fall and Spring) is 9 hours, so you must enroll for at least 5 hours to receive BAH.  Summer full time hours are different, and that information will be emailed to students before Summer registration begins.   To be able to receive the maximum BAH, you must carry a full academic load and have one class on-campus (lecture or hybrid).  

Each semester you are certified, you will receive from the VA an updated benefits letter.  We require you to provide us a copy of that letter each semester.  A current printout from eBenefits is also acceptable.

If your remaining benefit time will not cover the semester, the Bursar’s Office requires you to pay your tuition and fees by the payment deadline.  When the VA pays the school, the Bursar’s Office will reimburse any money due you.

Chapter 1606 and Chapter 30:
Each month, Chapters 1606 and 30 provide a monthly stipend that is sent to you by either check or direct deposit from the VA. The payment is for the previous month's enrollment and is made at the beginning of each month. Since the school does not receive payment for your tuition and fees, you are responsible for payment by the final payment deadline.

As a Chapter 1606 or Chapter 30 student, you must verify your attendance on the last day of the month so your benefit money will be sent.  You can go either go online to or call 1-877-823-2378.​

Chapter 35 (Dependent Education Assistance – DEA):
Chapter 35 pays a monthly amount, determined by the number of certified semester hours. The payment is for the previous month's enrollment and is made at the beginning of each month. Since the school does not receive payment for your tuition and fees, you are responsible for payment by the final payment deadline.

Chapter 31 (VR&E):
Chapter 31 will pay for tuition, fees, and books, as authorized by the student’s VR&E Counselor. If you have inquiries regarding other benefit payments under Chapter 31, you will need to ask your VR&E Counselor. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure their VR&E Counselor has uploaded the authorization for the School Certifying Official and is current for the upcoming semester. To find out if it has been uploaded, please contact your VR&E Counselor.